Directors must read and understand the content of their own Academy Trust’s Articles of Association including any supporting standing orders or byelaws and the Academy Trust’s Funding Agreement with the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
These documents are published on the Academy Trust’s website.
Links to other helpful documents are given below:
- DfE’s Academy Trust Handbook
- DfE’s Commissioning high-quality trusts and trust quality descriptions
- DfE’s Academy Trust Governance – Structures and Role Descriptors
- DfE’s A Competency Framework for Governance
- Charity Commission’s guidance CC3: The Essential Trustee, what you need to know, what you need to do
- Companies Act 2006 Chapter 2 General Duties of Directors
- The Framework for Ethical Leadership in Education
- The Charity Governance Code